Begin With Prayer
Write a short list of people whom you long to see commit to faith in Christ. Place the list inside your Bible, on your dashboard, or on a note in your cell phone. Commit to start every day with prayer asking God to use you to bless someone in your world who does not know him. Not sure what to pray? Here are some ideas:
- Pray that ___________ will become thirsty for God (John 7:37-39).
- Pray that the Father will draw ________ to Jesus (John 6:44-45)
- Pray that ___________ will become open to God’s truth (2 Corinthians 4:4-6).
- Pray that _____ will become receptive to God’s grace (Romans 3:23-24; Titus 3:4-7).
- Prayer for _____’s heartfelt conviction of sin and their need for God (John 16:8-11; 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5)
- Pray for ______ to take genuine steps of repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10).
- Pray that _____will clearly experience God’s love (1 John 4:7-10, 19-21).
- Pray that _______ will develop a heartfelt and willful belief and acceptance of Jesus as King and Lord (John 10: 27-30)
- Pray for ______to develop deep spiritual rootedness in Christ (John 15:5; Colossians 2:6-7).
- Pray for _______ to reproduce God’s mission to others who are far from God (Matthew 28:18-20).
10 Daily Prayers to Boost Your Outreach
By Kevin Harney, Outreach Magazine
Sharing the love and grace of Jesus with the world is the call of every Christian.Young or old, bold or shy, new believer or long-time follower of Jesus—we are all called to tell the story of the Savior and show people that he is alive.We are partners in God's work of bringing the message of hope to the world. Yet we always remember that we are not the senior partner—God is!
The Apostle Paul made clear that we have the privilege of scattering seed and watering it, but Only God can change lives, forgive sins, save and transform us (1 Corinthians 3:5-7). To be effective in scattering the seed of the gospel of Jesus, we must keep things in their proper perspective.
Red Moon Rising: How 24/7 Prayer is awakening a generation
By Pete Greig and Dave Roberts
The 24/7 prayer movement is catalyzing a new generation to pray, obey, and engage people who are far from God with the mission of Jesus like never before. This is the extraordinary story of a movement that started more than fifteen years when a handful of students started a prayer vigil in England. And the prayers they started then haven’t stopped. The movement spread throughout the globe and has fueled the transformation of thousands of young adults by God’s Spirit.
(Im)Possible: Discover the joy of a prayer, care, share life
By Lon Allison
Lon Allison, former director of evangelism in the Covenant, shares his evangelism approach: prayer, care, and share. This book will inspire and persuade you to engage in a life of personal witness for Jesus Christ. Offering years of personal experience, Allison clarifies and simplifies the witnessing life. Embrace new attitudes as you begin the journey of a lifetime. Once you begin to pray regularly for unbelievers and your life of witness, your compassion increases. As your compassion increases, you gain power over the fear that paralyzes many from sharing their faith with others. Now's the time to dare--what are you waiting for? You were made for this.