Learning to Love Our Muslim Neighbors
Jesus taught that love of neighbor included individuals and groups who are unlike us; even those we may consider to be our enemies. Learning to love our Muslim neighbors is needed today perhaps more than at any time in recent history. In response, Serve Globally and Love Mercy Do Justice have collaborated to create a congregational training to help ECC churches understand why we are called to love our Muslim neighbors and what practical steps churches can take to live this out.
- Engage ECC churches in intentional learning and engagement with the following objectives:
- Building a solid Biblical foundation for loving our Muslim neighbors
- Developing relationships of love and trust with Muslim neighbors, both down the street and across the globe
- Learning how we can foster conditions for peace (Shalom/Salaam) and justice
- Establishing a learning posture and discipline of listening and lamenting Islamophobia
- Experiencing a Christian-Muslim encounter that involves a shared meal, relationship building, a mosque visit, and a follow up conversation with an Imam.
- Invite LMDJ/Serve Globally consultant to teach, preach and learn how to engage your Muslim neighbor
- Enjoy a shared meal, visit a mosque, and learn peacemaking practices for loving your Muslim neighbor well
- Experience guided learning about Islam through encounters & customized curriculum and personal coaching
- Host an event for your Muslim neighbors
Know & Engage Your Muslim Neighbor.
“Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else’s skin. It’s the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.”
- Frederich Buechner