Albania Community Health
This project benefited three small villages in Albania through community development and health promotion with an emphasis on sewer construction. In these villages there is poor infrastructure, malnutrition of children, and a lack of knowledge about prevention of common diseases. Through Community Health Evangelism, a team of leaders is promoting good health, encouraging local community development projects, and empowering new church plants to serve the needs of their community. This strategy:
- trains local people on problem solving by doing projects and using local resources;
- connects them with other organizations with similar goals;
- provides training on servant leadership;
- works with local government to resolve community problems; and
- gives training on micro-enterprise and agriculture.
The local leaders in one community have identified the need for the construction of a sewer main in one of the villages. This village is plagued by flooding and the new sewer system will benefit approximately one hundred families.
To read stories and updates on our blog related to this project, click here.