The Sustaining Pastoral Excellence initiative is designed to help pastors take their next steps in pastoral excellence. As a result, the initiative is proactive (not remedial) in its focus. Successful applications will thoughtfully and prayerfully outline personal growth steps that are consistent with the parameters of the initiative.
Are you ready to apply? Successful applications will demonstrate some of the following characteristics:
- Clearly state the details of what you would like to do. This includes dates, locations, other people involved, and a careful budget breakdown. The quickest way to delay your application approval is to submit vague information.
- Articulate how an identified experience will contribute to your continuing refreshment in Christ, transformation, and development of pastoral excellence.
- Name how the use of grant resources will not only benefit you, but strengthen the network of collegial support among the pastors of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Give support to how a particular interaction will continue to contribute to the development of habits and practices that promote pastoral longevity as well as personal health.
- Substantiate how a learning opportunity will equip you to better navigate personal, congregational, and cultural ministry related transitions.
- Explain how a specific gathering has potential for clarifying and renewing your call to pastoral, chaplaincy, or mission ministry.
- Outline how grant resources will be used to build a deeper partnership between you and the people you serve.
- Detail how a learning experience in the pastoral arts of preaching, leading, teaching, or caring will both deepen passion for Christ as well as enhance current and future ministry.
- Discuss how you believe an interaction will help you better manage the tensions of ministry, creating healthier boundaries and a sense of balance.