Nominations Open for President of Centro Hispano de Estudios Teológicos (CHET)
LOS ANGELES (May 9, 2019)—The Centro Hispano de Estudios Teológicos, or CHET, a leadership training center of the Evangelical Covenant Church, is accepting nominations for president. Its current president, Edward Delgado, will retire on November 1.
A 12-member Presidential Nominating Committee, comprised of former and current CHET board members, Latino and Latina pastors, CHET faculty, CHET alumni and Covenant leaders, is tasked with narrowing a pool of nominees to one person. The deadline to submit nominations to the committee is May 31.
“Through its 30 years of ministry, CHET has been blessed with great leaders, especially in its presidents and board members,” says Catherine M. Barsotti, chair of CHET’s nominating committee. “We look forward to seeing how God will continue to lead the search process, and we ask our Evangelical Covenant Church community to pray for the committee’s discernment.”
The committee is looking for someone with the following character, skills and qualifications:
- Committed to loving and serving God and people, especially our Latino and Latina neighbors.
- Ordained or willing to be ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church; a member or willing to be a member of a local Covenant church.
- Demonstrated advocacy and support for called and gifted women’s leadership in all capacities.
- Graduate degree in a pertinent field, such as theology, education or nonprofit management. A PhD or doctorate in ministry, education or theology is desired, but candidates with a master’s degree will be considered.
- Full-time commitment to the mission, responsibilities and communities of CHET (residence in the Los Angeles area is required).
- Bilingual (reading, writing and speaking) and bicultural sensitivities and skills.
- A minimum of 3-5 years leadership experience in an educational setting.
Click here for the full job description. To nominate someone, please include names and contact information in an e-mail to CHETSearch@covchurch.org. Self-nominations will be accepted and should include a one-page letter of interest, resume and contact information.