Embrace Webinar #5 - Bill Henson
Guiding Families of LGBT+ Loved Ones
On August 14th, we spoke with Bill Henson the founder and president of Lead Them Home and the creator of the nationally leading Posture Shift Seminar. Bill gave us a sneak peak into his fully updated resource: Guiding Families of LGBT+ Loved Ones: Second Edition. This and other resources can be found online at Leadthemhome.org/resources.
This 140-page illustrated guide is a treasure trove of practical insights on how to honor God and deeply love the LGBT+ people in your life. It covers a number of topics, including how to:
- Respond well when LGBT+ people come out
- Understand risks LGBT+ youth face (family rejection, bullying, suicidality, and homelessness)
- Avoid using unintentionally offensive words and phrases
- Build a support team for LGBT+ loved ones and their families
- Engage LGBT+ individuals in trusting relationship over the long term
- Devote yourself to prayer that blesses LGBT+ loved ones and yourself
Tim Ciccone (Facilitator)
Tim Ciccone is Director of Youth Ministry for the Evangelical Covenant Church and has a deep passion to serve and encourage youth workers across the denomination. He is father to Caleb, Josiah, Samantha, and Ethan and has been married to Maria for 18 years. Prior to his role Tim was the Pastor of Generational Discipleship at Hillcrest Covenant Church in the Kansas City area. He earned his MDiv from North Park Theological Seminary and has been serving in the church for over 24 years. Tim is passionate about people finding and following Jesus!
We Want to Hear From You
As we develop Embrace, we hope to receive feedback from diverse voices, especially with regard to existing resources or experiences which you have found to be helpful and effective. Feel free to connect with us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign up to learn more, be informed of future webinars, and sign up for more Embrace updates.