How We Help Churches Thrive
Connecting churches more firmly to the “Vine” through inspiring personal spiritual practices, providing emotionally healthy relationship tools and developing a missionally healthy church culture. This interactive workshop includes small group discussion, video examples, humor, compelling teaching and practical exercises to reach a wide variety of learning styles. This workshop is available as a virtual or in-person experience.
Based on Simon Sinek’s book, Find Your Why, this workshop focuses on discovering the ultimate reason that a church exists. Some churches exist to provide care, others to feed the poor. Some focus on international mission, others on neighborhood outreach. Whatever God’s reason for the existence of a particular church in a particular location in a particular time, it is imperative to discover that purpose and then to organize everything else around it. Frederick Buechner wrote: “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.” The same is true with the “why” of a congregation. This experience is deeply satisfying as congregations realize how active the Spirit of God among them, and as they work to discern their calling.
Discovering the passions, knowledge, skills, and gifts that each person brings to the congregation and beginning to uncover how those assets can empower mission. HMS is an asset assessment workshop for congregations. This workshop can be done virtually or in person, however doing it in person is the most impactful because of the visuals created by the participants. Based on the Great Commandment, the purposes of the workshop are:
- To help participants discover their areas of expertise, their passions, their spiritual gifts and their skills which are the assets that they bring to the whole body.
- To help participants gain an overall picture of how they are “wired” to serve God.
- To help a congregation see the giftings that each person brings to the church.
- To help church leadership to know the assets of the congregation that can be included in strategic ministry plans.
- To help each person know what specific next step he/she can take to accomplish the church’s mission.
- This workshop uses a combination of visual and auditory instruction, discussion in both large and small groups, brainstorming, videos, graphics, and music to meet the learning needs of the community.
This workshop focuses on identifying leadership styles and processes that promote healthy missional leadership of congregations. This interactive virtual workshop includes small group discussion, video examples, simple games with dice, compelling teaching and practical exercises to reach a wide variety of learning styles. Leadership Math helps your church to develop healthy missional leaders by:
- Identifying dysfunctional leadership styles that “clog” the leadership pipeline and block effective leadership.
- Identifying three core healthy missional leadership styles.
- Outlining the characteristics of those with true leadership potential.
- Discussing a process for adding and multiplying effective leaders in the congregation.