3StrandStrong describes a close and impactful connection between your church, your conference, and the Covenant. Ecclesiastes 4:12 says, “…a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” As local churches, conferences, and the Covenant, we are tightly woven together so we can accomplish greater work in the mission of God’s Kingdom than we could accomplish without each other.
Your local church comes face to face with the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of people and responds with Christ-like care and compassion. Your regional conference provides support and resources for pastors, churches, and church leaders, and comes alongside congregations experiencing hard times. And the Covenant denomination works together with congregations and conferences to:
- Send and support global personnel
- Provide aid to those in the world in greatest need
- Pursue justice for the oppressed
- Plant new churches and offer resources to strengthen existing churches
- Train pastors and missionaries (global personnel), and chaplains
- Foster the flourishing of women
- Make new disciples and deepen believers in the walk of faith
All of that is why your participation in 3StrandStrong is so vitally important. Just as we teach the people in our churches to tithe of their income, so we ask every Covenant church to faithfully present a tithe to the Lord that will be invested in the Kingdom work we do together. We ask every church to designate it this way: 6.5% of church income for the Covenant; and 3.5% for your conference. Will you accept the 3StrandStrong challenge and start moving purposefully toward it?