Global Service License
Description of License
The Global Service License (GSL) is for persons who are called to be missionaries by the ECC. It is intended to provide credentials for those who do not qualify for ordination to word and sacrament, ordination to word and service, or commissioning but are serving as ECC missionaries. This license is valid for the duration of the missionary’s call and authorizes the holder to perform appropriate functions, subject to government regulations.
To be eligible to receive the GSL, a person must be called to serve as a missionary in the ECC.
- Membership in a Covenant congregation
- Participation in the Global Service orientation program recommended by the Serve Globally Committee of the Executive Board of the ECC and approved by the Board of the Ordered Ministry
- Submission of a completed Minister’s Profile Form, signed baptism statement and background check, criminal record screening, and licensing paper.
- Once the candidate meets the requirements for the credential, he or she contacts Serve Globally for a license packet.
- Serve Globally sends the packet to the candidate.
- The candidate completes all of the necessary paperwork, making sure to sign the license application and check all boxes. He or she then sends all of the paperwork back to Serve Globally.
- Serve Globally receives this paperwork, making sure that none of it is incomplete or missing. If necessary, they contact the candidate to inform him or her of what is missing.
- The Serve Globally Committee on Ministerial Standing interviews the candidate. The committee makes its recommendation.
- Once the candidate has received a favorable interview, Serve Globally may make copies of all license paperwork for its records, and then sends all originals to the Ordered Ministry.
- At this time, the Ordered Ministry will issue the license. The license should be renewed annually as long as the candidate is eligible.