2: Life Experiences
Covenant Life Experiences are designed to immerse pastors in the life of the greater Covenant Church. Covenant Orientation pastors need to participate in at least six Covenant Life Experiences any time during enrollment.
After completing a Covenant Life Experience, pastors should contact the Covenant Orientation office to report their progress. We may require proof of attendance before granting credit.
One of each experience is required.
- Attendance at the Covenant Annual Meeting either as a delegate or as a general conferee, including the annual meeting of the Covenant Miniserium and participation in the business sessions
- Attendance at the Midwinter Conference
- Attendance at your conference ministerium retreat, also called Pastor/Spouse Retreat or Fall Ashram
Three experiences are required.
- Service on a conference or denominational board, commission, or approved committee
- Attendance at your conference annual meeting, including the conference ministerium annual meeting
- Participation in a mission/service project with Serve Globally
- Service on staff at CHIC, a denominational youth event
- Attendance at the Youth Worker Connection
- Participation in the pastor-in-residence program at North Park Theological Seminary
- Attendance at Triennial, a denominational women’s conference
- Service as a camp pastor at a Covenant Bible camp
- Other events hosted by the ECC