Leadership Cohort: The Art of Pastoral Leadership
This nine-month cohort experience will expose participants to a diverse body of material, examining leadership ideas, concepts, theories, and realities through the lens of our Christian faith. Participants in the cohort are invited to a journey that will require a sense of exploration, adventure, discovery, and openness. Through a learning community setting each individual will find the ingredients for his of her own leadership.
Along with required reading and reflection assignments, participants will work together via an online classroom setting, in two retreats, and through ministry-based projects. Major topics for the cohort include: The Life of the Leader (fall emphasis), Culture, Change, and Conflict (winter emphasis), and Imagination, Creativity, and Mission (spring emphasis).
Leadership Cohort: The Art of Pastoral Leadership 2017-18
- A 9-month cohort experience which exposes participants to a diverse body of material, examining leadership ideas, concepts, theories, and realities through the lens of our Christian faith.
- Participants will attend two retreats (Fall 2017 and Spring 2018), attend a retreat prior to the Midwinter conference, complete assigned reading and reflection, work together via an online classroom setting, and apply their learning in ministry-based projects.
- The major topics for the cohort are The Life of the Leader; Culture, Change & Conflict; and Imagination, Creativity & Mission.
- Submitting the application below qualifies as an application for a grant from SPE which will cover most of the cost of participation in the cohort experience. Applicants should submit $300 application fee (refunded if not eligible). Pastors, missionaries and chaplains who are not SPE grant-eligible may participate, if accepted, a registration fee of $925 will be required, and you will be responsible for travel costs to and from the retreats.
- Space is limited to 16 participants.
Fall Retreat: September 25–27, 2017 at Dumas Bay Centre, Federal Way, WA
Pre-Midwinter: January 21–22, 2018 at Covenant Offices, Chicago, IL
Spring Retreat: May 14–16, 2018 at University of Saint Mary of the Lake, Mundelein, IL
We are no longer accepting applications for this Cohort as of 9/7/2017.