CHICAGO (Feb. 29, 2020) – On this Leap Year day, we share 29 stories that have appeared in the Companion in the past four years, many of which have won national awards. All have contributed to the publication being twice named the best denominational magazine during that time.
These stories explore the intersection of Covenanters’ lives with broader social issues, share accounts of personal transformation and triumph, and offer practical advice.
We hope you will be inspired and changed as you revisit these pieces or discover them for the first time.
- “The Good News of Taco Tuesday, by Ric Wild
- “Addiction and the Church,” by Dana Bowman
- “Population 1,500,” by Elisabeth Fondell
- “American Lessons,” by Mark Won
- “The Word Without Words,” by Danielle Ng
- “The Sacramental Cup,” by Hauna Ondrey
- “A Gospel Opportunity,” by Jelani Greenidge
- “Unsung Saints,” by Companion staff
- “Settling for a Fix-It God,” by Kevin Butcher
- “Nobody Requests a Shipwreck,” by Steve Norman
- “Diagnosis Cancer,” by Kelly Johnston, Rebecca Gonzalez, Dick Lucco, David Beck, and Mike FitzGerald
- “There’s No Crying in VBS,” by Dana Bowman
- “Church Planting: A Shot at Redemption,” by Jill Riley
- “Letters from Stateville,” by students in North Park Theological Seminary’s School of the Restorative Arts
- “A Place for James,” by Vicki Newendorp
- “A Theology of the Undead,” by Zachary Lee
- “My Secret Shame,” by Jill Riley
- “The CEO Has Left the Sanctuary,” by Mike Mirakian
- “Clear and Present Danger,” by Stan Friedman and Jordan Cone
- “The Marriage Elite,” by Nilwona Nowlin
- “Traces of Faith,” by Nilwona Nowlin
- “Called by God, Part 1” and Part 2, by the Companion staff
- “Redemption Song,” by Stan Friedman
- “Meet and Greet Survival Guide,” by Linda Sladkey
- “Centered on Kids,” by Erin Chan Ding, Cathy Norman Peterson, and Tony Gervase
- “Always on My Mind,” by Marvin B. Eppard
- “The Word on the Street,” by Jill Riley
- “When Palestine Becomes Personal,” by Cat Knarr
- “A Call in the Wild,” by Mike Coglan
To subscribe to the Companion, click here.